- Involves no chemicals, artificial hormones, pills, devices, etc.
- There are no harmful side effects; No additional medical treatments are needed due to causal effects.
- Works WITH fertility instead of against it
- Can be used for BOTH achieving AND avoiding pregnancy
- Better for the environment–involves no harmful waste
- In line with Catholic teaching on God’s design for marriage and sexuality
- Open to life, and values it in every decision
- Improved communication and sexual relationship for the couple
- Builds love, respect, and understanding between spouses
- Requires mutual responsibility from both husband and wife
- The divorce rate among NFP users has been shown to be 0.2%, compared to the national average of 40-50%
(Sources: http://www.lifeissues.net/writers/wils/wils_01naturalfamilyplanning2.html and http://www.apa.org/topics/divorce/)
- Once you learn an NFP method, recurring costs are minimal compared to the costs of using forms of birth control (i.e. buying pills every month, buying condoms, etc.).
- Because there are no harmful side-effects, money does not need to go towards additional medical treatment.
Awareness of Women’s Health
- Increased knowledge of the woman’s body
- Greater appreciation for the gift of fertility and how our bodies were created
- Increased awareness of women’s health issues
- The best help with infertility-finding the root cause
Take the Survey!
Take this 2-minute survey to be added to our list of people practicing NFP in the Diocese of Syracuse! This survey will help us to better serve the NFP community in our diocese.